- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Your Privacy and Our Processes
On the 25th May 2018, a new set of rules were added to the UK’s (and EU’s) data privacy law. The regulations are referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation, often shortened to GDPR. These regulations set out how companies can use the information they collect about you, and they give you more control over when and/or how your data is collected and utilised. Keeping your personal data safe remains our number one priority.
The good news is that we are not changing anything about how you may already use our website. We are simply looking to provide transparency and to make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your data. As has always been the case, Diamond Motors is committed to treating your personal information with the respect and security it deserves.
Information We Hold About You
Diamond Motors collects and processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with products and services. We never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and we do not process your information in any other way than outlined in this policy.
Unless in agreement with you, we only collect basic personal data. This does not include any special information (often referred to as sensitive personal data). The type of data we collect and process includes:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your vehicle registration number
- Your postcode
We may collect further data if you choose to share it, such as through completing fields on our contact form or through performing optional actions.
We collect some, or all, of this information in the following cases:
- You fill in our online contact form
- You contact us offline – e.g. by post, email or phone conversation
By submitting your personal information to us through the website, you are confirming that the information you provide is correct, accurate and relates to you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to enquiries (and other correspondence) that you may have submitted to us through the use of our online contact form
- To respond to your customer service and support requests
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our obligations for business accounting and tax purposes
- We use the payment information you provide when booking a service only to service that specific booking
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the services we have agreed to provide you with.
How We May Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you’re using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is processed securely. We do not share or disclose any of your information without your prior consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice, or where there is a legal requirement or to enforce our terms and conditions.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Please be aware, however, that your information may be transferred to and stored on secure servers that are located within the European Union (EU). Should your personal data be stored or transferred to parties outside of the EU, it will be afforded the same level of protection set out in this policy.
Diamond Motors uses third-party providers to provide the following necessary business functions and services:
- Web hosting, backup and storage
- Transactional emails
- E-commerce payment gateways for payment processing
The following third-party services act in accordance with our instructions and fully comply with this and their own Privacy Notice. They have committed to being GDPR compliant by 25th May 2018, and conform with all other applicable data protection laws and appropriate confidentiality and security measures including but not limited to the EU-US Privacy Shield for those third-party providers who handle or store data outside the UK or the EU, for example through data servers or relays.
- BitForge Ltd. (web hosting and email)
We do not have any affiliate partnerships nor do we serve advertising content on this website.
Securing Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we do collect.
Our website uses secure server software (SSL) with 256-bit encryption: the industry standard for secure commercial transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear in the browser address bar. Our choice of payment provider(s) allows us to never hold your credit card details on our website. When making a payment you are dealing direct with the merchant to make the transaction, and not with Diamond Motors.
Non-sensitive personal details (e.g. your email address, etc.) that are transmitted normally over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; any transmission is entirely at your own risk.
Having received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our systems and try to prevent any unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
You have a right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you can contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Acceptance of This Policy
Continued use of our site signifies your acceptance of this policy. If you do not accept the policy then please do not use this site.
Changes to This Policy